Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

Hi, Ive got a 1991 Ducato 2.5d Hymer motor home, I need a

I've got a 1991 Ducato 2.5d Hymer motor home, I need a replacement clutch but the factors need to know what the BHP is as there is more than one type. The engine code is 8144,67 if that helps.
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Do you have the full registration number handy? just to double check

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, the reg no is H561 AAB.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes the reg no is H561 AAB.

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..there thanks for your reply..

Ok..For some reason is comes back as engine unknown which is kind of strange..however is does give me a list of engines and that one is there as per the code you gave so ive included the details below - this will be for the "non 2.5 turbo diesel engine"..I do hope this helps further..

Full nameFIAT DUCATO 10 2.5 D
Fuel typeDIESEL
Engine Code8144.67
From1989-01
To1994-01
Max Power BHP74
Max Power kW55
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Wow Robert !! how did you find that info, even Italy didn't have the info I needed, I'm well impressed.

Thanks so much...........Brian.

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi.Brian

Yeh i just use my own garages database using the reg or vin number,usually local motor factors run the same type of system just using the reg,vin etc - so kind surprised they didnt know with the engine code there..does come up as motorhome but no info on the engine you've got.but then lists all the engines available inc codes and thats the only engine code there which matches yours..so hopefully that should help you get the clutch you require..Also many thanks for rating much appreciated..best of luck Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The service and response I got was second to none, better even than fiat themselves in Italy.