Mark
Mark, Technician
Experience:  Qualified City & Guilds
69494627

is it worth stretching my finances to go from a 09 3.6 TDV8

is it worth stretching my finances to go from a 09 3.6 TDV8 RANGE ROVER to a 4.4TDV8 range rover
Category: Car
Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Mark :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try help you with this.

Mark :

This is definitely worth thinking about.

Mark :

The 4.4tdv8 has more power, more torque which means more fun to drive, has better mpg and lower emissions.

Mark :

The only downside would be the price unless you can secure a good deal.

Customer:

the 3.6 has 55k miles 2009 model with facelift priced at 32 k the 4.4 has 31k miles priced at 38k both from main dealer land rover lloyds of carlisle and the 3.6 is from my local dealer lloyds of kelso. both seem priced as per a main dealer. Apart from the engine was there any other improvements on the 4.4 Also having come from a mclass 2011 model that has been faultless are the reliability problems much improved on the range rover from the 3.6 model to the 4.4

Mark :

Check to see if the 4.4 has the 8 speed auto box. This is better than the 6 speed auto.

Mark :

Don't know if I would go back from a 2011 M class to a 2009 vehicle though.

Mark :

You didn't mention the M class yr earlier.

Mark :

Is the 4.4 also a 2009 vehicle?

Customer:

the 4,4 is a2011 model and yes the mclass is good but maybe the heart is ruling the head in regards XXXXX XXXXX range rover

Customer:

are there any issues with the air suspension on these range rovers

Mark :

Why the bad service rating. Is it because I wasn't online when you were?

Customer:

for the money charged to only get one question answered is unsatisfactory

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is there any history of air suspension problems on rr and if so when were they improved

Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

The 'Bad service' rating is unfair. Your initial question was for an opinion on wether buying a certain vehicle was paying extra compared to a similar vehicle that was younger and larger engine.

This is what I answered.

You then asked asked a second question that I responded to.

The third question about the air suspension was one I didn't get until later when I logged in and found the bad service rating had been left.

You state I only answered one question when clearly I had responded to two and was now expected to answer a third.

There have been problems with RR air suspension and there hasn't been any significant alterations to the systems. Saying that, I don't know of any vehicle that has a perfect record of no faults ever occurring including Mercedes.

Just because one or two owners report a fault with their suspension doesn't mean that every owner of a similar model will also experience that failure.

If you are so concerned about the suspension then stick with the Mercedes.

Mark