Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

Hello.i have a 07 kyron 2 liter xdi.water in fuel light goes

Hello.i have a 07 kyron 2 liter xdi.water in fuel light goes on and off and engine check light stays power when I accelerate and loses power almost completely when towing up hill.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help you ..

Can I just ask first - what exactly has been done thus far to cure this issue?

Too - are you trying to tow as you say, with the fault light on?

Rgds, MIKE................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

All the faults were reset.but came back on again.yes had to tow with engine check light on.was serviced.mechanic when resetting faults thought it may be the fuel sensor on turbo but was not sure.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Also the fault light stays on all the time.i also noticed a hole in the exhaust close to the end just behind the box.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again Jim -

Thank you for your reply/ info -

Ok - a hole in the exhaust is not going to have any cause or effect on the symptoms you have ... so you can deal with that separately.

Rather than just resetting the faults, it needs the fault addressing - I suggest with to replace the fuel filter with a new one..that should sure that for you...

As for the Engine management light being on - a fault code read will ID at least one fault code logged on the Ecu fault memory... so that needs doing. Whatever fault code/s is extracted will tell you what needs doing to cure the EML ( engine fault light )... and then that can be done. Honestly, its no good them resetting the ecu to get rid of the light etc - it will just keep coming back on until the fault code issue is resolved - as above.

So those are the ways forward on this Jim to get this cured / sorted for you.

Let me know how you get on and I will get back to you if you still need..

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

..Meantime...............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Technician
Experience: Tech Expert