Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hi I have just bought a iveco tipper truck, it starts fine

Customer Question

Hi I have just bought a iveco tipper truck, it starts fine and as soon as i pull off it conks out
and a red light in the ignition comes on but i don't know what it means, is there some kind of saftey cut off if the truck has no oil in it as i've noticed an oil leak.
Paul
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

Yes this vehicle is designed to shut down when the oil level falls below the sending unit, this is to prevent internal engine damage. The leak will need to be fixed to correct this problem.