Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Hi can i put a 2.5ltr fiat ducato turbo diesel engine in a

Hi can i put a 2.5ltr fiat ducato turbo diesel engine in a 2ltr hdi citroen relay with out any problems with engine?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help / advise you.

Im afraid this really would not be a good idea. While anything , any conversion can be done.. "chop shop "style - costs and time etc need to be taken into account.

In this situation I would not advise it - you have two total different designs of engine there so you would have all manner of issues inc the ratio differences with the transmissions - drive shafts and so on mechanically - but more importantly, the electrics and electronics are totally different between the two - you would have to change / fit replacement wiring looms, computer engine management modules, security system and the list goes on.... Honestly , I have to advise its not a viable proposition..

Im sorry its likley not the reply / news you wanted but it is as above Im afraid.

Do let me know if you need anything else at all -

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

.................Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.