Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a 2008 Land rover Discovery 2.7 tdi with 110000 miles

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Land rover Discovery 2.7 tdi with 110000 miles i had a major problem with oil pump in lower part of engine causing me to replace with second hand engine, if of months of garage messing me around i got my vehicle back but after approx 30 miles in lost all transmission, i returned it to the garage who told me this was caused by a blocked gearbox cooling system on side of water radiator which caused the oil to be over heated causing the filters in the gearbox to block and warp, is this a visible cause, and should this have been noticed by the garage before the returned the vehicle to me regards Gilly
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello Gilly,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i can wait a little longer thanks Paul

Hello Paul,

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.
Hello Gilly

I'm afraid that this isn't really an easy thing to spot unless you'd noticed the transmisson starting to give problems over time

its not something that could have been externally spotted - unless you knew there was a problem in that area

Sorry that its not better news