Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I HAVE A VAUXHALL VECTRA X REG 1800 THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE

I HAVE A VAUXHALL VECTRA X REG 1800 THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE ABS LIGHT KEEPS COMING ON BUT DOES'NT STAY ON WHAT COULD THE PROBLEM BE
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.

Mike :

Hello and Welcome -

Mike :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help / advise you .

Mike :

Please send me a reply so that I know you are receiving me in Live Chat here - then we can carry on....

Customer:

i have recieved this message

Mike :

Hi there - Thank you.. Ok with this issue - have you had any tests done / made any physical checks or anything at all?

Mike :

Plus - has anything been done at the car, any work or anything , prior to the ABS light coming on ?

Customer:

i got the car a week ago and the abs light was on and the garage said they had sorted it so for a week the abs light was offf then on monday when i went to work the abs was on but wen i came home it wasnt then today it didnt come on till i was on my way back home

Mike :

Ok I understand.. Such issues can be caused by simple poor connections to the road wheel sensors... or, dirt in the gap between the sensor end and the reluctor / pick up rings... Also, if you have a worn wheel bearing that can cause it... as that causes an erratic gap...causing the light to come on.. Or of course, a faulty sensor....

Mike :

What needs to be done really is have a plug in diagnostic test done - that is avery quick way to ID which sensor / circuit is playing up and putting the light on - then a visual check is made in that area to determine the cause - as above.

Mike :

Too - the control module for that system - the ABS Ecu, will have logged fault codes - which will show where the fault is - so a fault code test can be done as above as another way to ID the cause..

Mike :

As you have only just bought the car, this diagnostic / and repair work should be done FOC for you.

Mike :

Is that all ok for you , or can I help you anymore at all while we are in Live Chat?

Customer:

thankyou for that advice ill get my son in law to bring his machine over so then we will no the fault

Mike :

Thats fine - Im very pleased to have helped you ... If you do need anything else at all on this ( or anything future ) you are welcome to come back to me anytime... I do just need you to now click on one of the OK / Excellent ratings for me please...as thats how Im credited for helping you.. Thank you in advance for that

Mike :

I appear to have lost you - I think the CHAT system has hung!.. I will switch us over to the QA system -

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again..

Im sorry about that - it looks like the system hung - chat does that sometimes.

Anyway - I think we were all done from what you said... but do let me know if you need anything else at all..

****** .Meantime...........I do just need you to click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me now at this point as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.