Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

I have a Rover 75 Connoissuer 54 diesel reg. We have no chime

I have a Rover 75 Connoissuer 54 diesel reg. We have no chime for lights to be turned
off or chime for seat position and mostly the chimes on the sensors. It has been
proved by a computer they are all functioning but how do we get the chimes back?
Rod Marriner
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help you ..

I need to further ID your car - by way of its production age.. To do this..can you tell me - please describe exactly the remote fob you have to open the car with... Is it a black 2 button fob for example?
Too - please open the fuse box lid - under the steering column area.. and tell me if you see a red box mounted on the back of the fuse box - or not...

This is to determine exactly which system you have - as it affects the issue..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mkie,

Yes the remote fob is black two button. Where the fuses go into

it is red, but no red box mounted on back of fuse box.

2004/54 Rover 75 CDTI Conniossuer SE Auto

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again Rod..

Thank you for that info...

I should have asked then - but can you give me the cars FULL reg number..

Rgds - MIKE........................

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Reg No.AV54 UVZ

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Rod...

Ok you have the one I thought it seems - there were different systems depending in exact date of build.

This Im afraid, as you may have guessed, is not going to be simple.. It basically is usually either failure of the actual buzzer unit, or the controlling chips... BUT, first Rod - check to see if your interior light comes on when you open the drivers door. If it doesn't - and its set right, then you most likely just have a faulty switch there - on the door post. These are cheap to replace or can often be cleaned up by removal / clean... So if you have that issue - try a clean first... and then renew if no good still.

If its not that issue Rod, then its a "computer" fault basically.. I wil give you a pic below to show you / give you an idea / better idea of what Im on about - and where the buzzer is.. etc.

If its looking like this is the issue Rod - the above door switch ruled out - then I would suggest contact this company on 0 7 5 2 7 - 8 7 7 9 9 5 These units cannot be just changed over because they have the programming for the central locking / immobiliser all in there... so you have to have either your unit repaired - or, a replacement unit, coded to your fobs for the car to start etc after replacement. They will talk you through it inc costs etc.

So those are the ways forward on this Rod - Im really sorry its not an easy fix - other than the door switch of course - but you have all the info you need now..

Let me know how you get on - or if you need anything else at all...

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mike

Well it doesn't look too good. I have printed this all off and will take

it to my garage and will also phone the number you have given me.

Interior light is fine. Do you think this will be a very expensive job?

I'll back to you next week.

Regards Rod

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again Rod -

Thank you for your reply.

Im afraid this is not usually a cheap job no.. I cannot give you an exact price though as it depends exactly whats found to be wrong - but give them a call as I say - they will talk you through costs etc as I mentioned. In fact, I know of several customers who just live with the lack of the gong... because of that . So long as nothing else is wrong - that can be done. Other issues that come from that module are complete failure of lights, locking system and so on - but if its just the buzzer - you may decide not to bother... But in any event - thats the issue there Rod.

Im sorry its not exactly good news Rod - if there is anything else you are welcome to come back to me..

... Meantime , please do just click on the Ok / excellent ratings for me Rod as thats how Im credited for helping you... As above - you can get back to me anytime should you wish / need later.. doing that does not close you out at all but it is important to me.. Thank you again for doing that now for me.

All the very best Rod- MIKE.
Mike, Technician
Experience: Tech Expert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mike

Your info was good, we haven't had the job done yet but will

later on, and let you know the results

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
No problem Rod -

Good to hear from you - thank you for letting me know..

You are welcome back anytime -

All the very best - MIKE.