Mark
Mark, Technician
Experience:  Qualified City & Guilds
69494627

saxo mot failure

Customer Question

hello i have a saxo vts and it failed mot on the seat rocking a bit and the abs pump and module needs replacing is this expensive to fix becuase the garage said on its own the abs pump and module is 700 to fix

Category: Car
Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Mark :

Hello, my name is Mark and I will try help you with this.

Mark :

If the seat has failed because it is rocking then you first have to determine if it rocking due to missing anchor bolts or because the seat frame is worn. If the seat frame is worn then it is easier to replace it with one from a breakers yard.

Mark :

It would also be quicker and cheaper if you replaced the ABS unit with one from a breakers yard. However you can possibly get it repaired by removing it and sending it away to a specialist company such as http://www.bba-reman.com/content.aspx?content=remanufactured_abs_controllers_pumps_and_modulators_from_bba_reman_bosch_teves_lucas_and_all_other_types&commfail=true

Mark :

This would mean the car being off the road for a while until you got the unit back.

Mark :

You can find parts online by going to http://www.partsgateway.co.uk/

Mark :

Good luck

Mark :

Please remember to rate my assistance.

Mark :

Mark :

Mark.

JACUSTOMER-7x4jm06u- :

Ok thank you would the abs pump be easy to install myself or would it be a difficult job

Mark :

Are you experienced in mechanical repairs?

Mark :

Replacing the pump is not that difficult but bleeding the brakes after can sometimes be.