Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK

i have a citroen berlingo 1.9d has become very sluggish

Customer Question

i have a citroen berlingo 1.9d has become very sluggish and can only get it to rev up to 4, has just had a new air filter,oil change,n some reddex in the tank,any ideas?
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hopefully i can help..

During starting or under load is their any excess exhaust smoke that you see? if so what colour?

Any warning lights come on since or prior to the fault you have?

Any unusual noises from the engine at all since this fault occurred?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi,there is no excess exhaust smoke and no warning lights prior or since the fault n no unusual noises from the engine since the fault as occurred..

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi,did u recieve my reply as its not showing so in my emails ?if not i will resend

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there thanks for your reply..

Ok..the most logical thing that would be tried in such situations as this seeing as you havent listed it being replaced would the fuel filter.its possible if the filter is restricting proper fuel flow you would and can have reduced performance issue and redex in the system wouldnt solve it maybe something to try a fual filter on the van and see how that goes..if at all possible too whilst the filter is being changed is to maybe have the fuel lines blown back to the tank..this just ensures the fuel lines from the tank to filter etc arent blocked..another could be fault with actual pressure delivery from the pump which ideally has to be checked with proper equipment or diagnostically to see pressures are within spec..also double check there are no signs of fuel leaks etc..also check the small vaccum lines around the engine are fully connected especially around the intake/egr valve system where the intake tube connects as above if it hasnt been done upto now then i would try a new fuel filter and fuel pressure test..I do hope this helps

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thankyou for your advice.regards wendy

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago. problem...If you need to ask anything else after you've rated or include any other info then just continue..Please dont forget to rate much appreciated.regards Robert