Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have a 55 plate Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE with a factory fitted

I have a 55 plate Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE with a factory fitted Satnav (touch screen). I have bought an update DVD but can't find where to put the disc. The manual says it's under the passenger seat but, on my vehicle it isn't...there is a silver box but it isn't for a DVD disc. Any ideas where the satnav box is located (I have tried looking in spaces) ?

Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help you .

It is true that some were under the passenger seat - but if yours is not there - then its in the rear load compartment. -usually on the passenger side ( behind the panelling there )

Any problems at all , let me know -

Let me know how you get on - or by all means get back to me if you need anything else at all...

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike...thanks for your reply.

I had already looked behind both the panels in the sides at the rear (the one on the driver's side (rh drive) has the jack etc stored in it) and I've checked again since your reply and I still can't find the DVD box. I've also lifted both the rear seats which fold into the floor and checked the glove boxes.

Any other ideas ?

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hi there Trevor..

Im sorry for the misunderstanding - the unit is under the passenger seat -
- if you move the -the seat to the farthest it will go forwards, then you can see the player.

There is a lock switch you have to slide across before you can get the disk out - which requires the eject button pressing. -
Let me know how you go Trevor - but unless someones taken it out -its got to be there ;)

.. Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have tried this Mike. This is what the manual says.

There is a box under the passenger seat but it is a silver colour with lots of wires going into it which may well be one of the management systems. There is certainly nothing on it which looks anything like a lock switch.

I did speak with a Land Rover dealer this afternoon who said it was under the driver's seat but there is nothing under there either !

It must be somewhere because the satnav system works....my problem is finding out where the unit is hidden.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hi again Trevor -

Thank you for your reply --

I don't mean to sound condescending in anyway - but have you looked under the pass seat from behind - ?

If it has a genuione OE equipment install, then it should be there.. Retrofit systems they put anywhere - but that said, they are usually put in the load area as mentioned before.. Or unless its a dash mounted one that flips the screen up to reveal the unit... Im just thinking of options ... but other than that - it has to be there Trevor.. Its very odd..

Again - bearing the above in mind, let me know how you go -

Best Rgds Trevor - MIKE.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mike...I've sorted it !!

It was the right box but the lock and disc slot were pointing forwards so you couldn't see them ! It was very difficult to reach the front but I managed it. You had to do everything by feel as the box is screwed down to the floor !

Very bad design fault but all worked out in the end.

Thanks for your help.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Excellent Trevor -

You had me wondering there for a while !

Glad you are all sorted - If there is ever anything else - you know where I am ;)

Best Rgds. , MIKE.

( please take a moment to fill in the Feedback tab if you haven't already Trevor -Thank you for that -- MIKE. )