Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I have a 2009 VW Passat CC and as I drive sometimes the clutch

I have a 2009 VW Passat CC and as I drive sometimes the clutch pedal does not fully return up to its full height. If I pull it up manually it works fine again but if it remains low then there is insufficient clutch movement to engage any gear. What could be the cause?
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

There maybe a few reasons for that fault to occur - being a Hydraulic clutch operating system then the fault will more than likely be there in regards XXXXX XXXXX and internal fault with the Slave cylinder as per attached to the gearbox or the Master cylinder in with the clutch pedal operates to send fluid under pressure to the slave cylinder to disengage the clutch - One option would be to try and have the system rebled and see if that makes any improvement sometimes that can work - if not then the next stage would be to ideally replace the slave cylinder,and rebleed the system again as they can be more of common fail point on these as appossed to the master cylinder..I do hope this helps..