Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

Hi there. I have a Mercedes a class(NNN) NNN-NNNNthe problem. Is

Hi there. I have a Mercedes a class(NNN) NNN-NNNNthe problem. Is the reverse light Don't work, fuse ok It goes into to gear Ok. Can you help me please. Thank you Silvio...
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Provided you have check all the obvious first then the next step or check will be the actual reverse switch - There should be a switch "reverse light switch" on the gearbox - on top of the gearbox near the located near the selector assembly on the gearbox there should be two pin plug near there that will be the reverse switch which the that plug is plugged into.- once you've located it then disconnect the plug from the switch and bridge the pins in the plug either with paperclip or small section of wire - not on the switch itself on the box / switch ignition on and then see if the reverse lights are on..if so then the switch needs replaced - you should be able to aquire a reverse light switch from pretty much any good local motorfactors..quite cheaply..depending on the gearbox you have - the switch will either located as mentioned above - there is procedure for these in which before you remove that old switch make sure the gearbox is in reverse and leave it there until new switch has been installed - then when refitted - fit the plug connector back on and re-test..I do hope this helps..if you need to ask anything else or include further info then just continue before you rate