Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

When idling the rev counter will suddenly drop away, this happens

When idling the rev counter will suddenly drop away, this happens about 3 times then it stalls. I have replaced the cat ,the throttle body plugs leader distributor cap and rotor arm and it still happens could it be a fuel supply issue? Is there a fuel filter that needs cleaning or is it engine management issues
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hi,my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your question.
The most common reason for this issue to happen is a leak at the intake manifold gasket,this is a common issue and to fix this problem the gasket is to be replaced. The first step is to have the intake gasket checked.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks I will get it checked, hopefully that will cure the problem

No problem thank you. Also you can respond back to this question at anytime after rating positive if you need further help.