Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

2008 Skoda Octavia 2Ltr-Diesel L& K Estate:- The Vechicle

2008 Skoda Octavia 2Ltr-Diesel L& K Estate:-
The Vechicle was Serviced {46000 mile sevice} by a Skoda Dealer,The dealer rang to
inform Me that All Four Discs where Cupped and the Pads Also.I informed them to Replace
these items.I was Asked Before the sevice if{as recommended by Skoda}to change the
brake fluid.A Good Idea,and agreed..I returned the Vehicle to the Same Dealer a month
and 800 miles later to have a damaged rear parking sensor replaced.During this time
Skoda do a Quick Traffic Light Inspection,I was informed There WAS 50% WEAR on
the Brake Pads on all Four Wheels.The vehicle has full Skoda History from New,and no
problems with its Mot in December.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hi,my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your question.
The only way that all 4 disk pads would wear out this fast is due to a bad brake master cylinder that is applying to much pressure to the 4 brake rotors. The master cylinder would need to be checked out as a first step.