Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

the rear lights on my clio sport cup 172 are not working properly.every

Customer Question

the rear lights on my clio sport cup 172 are not working properly.every time I brake both rear indicstors come on but just glowing and also the dashboard rear fog light warning light lights up. at night with all the lights on...all the indicatorlights light up but don't repeat ie, indicate.i have checked both rear light clusters for corrosion,the bulb holders and the 2boot well earth wires
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hi,my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your question.
From what you are describing and the symptoms that you are having is consistent with a electrically failing brake light switch which is mounted on the brake pedal arm.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi mike.i have received your reply but I don't think that I will get time before the weekend to have a look...but thanks for now. andy.

one other small problem is the rear near side wheel bearing is on its way out...is the bearing a push fit or a bolted type ?..if that makes sense

The bearings are pressed in on your vehicle. Also you can respond back to this question at anytime after rating positive if you need further help. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi mike. I still haven't had time to look at my clio. one small point though.with the car headlights on the indicators seem fine and its only when I brake as ive mentioned and you've already replied to that the problem occurs...but why does the interior dashboard rear fog light keep flashing on when I put the side lights / headlight or almost any other auxillary item on in the car...there is also an audible click noise...even without using the brakes.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have disconnected the brake light switch on the footpedal and the problem persists. any other ideas