Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a 2007 ford galaxy, problems starting it recently. Tried

I have a 2007 ford galaxy, problems starting it recently. Tried to start it with jump leads just now but the only thing that happens is the indicator lights flash fusiously. A fiend thinks that the BCI may be wet due to he heavy rain recently. A new battery was put in last year. Can you help ? Where is the BCI card & how do I dry it ?
Category: Car
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 3 years ago.
Hi there ,good evening to you

Ok does any other message appear on the dash ie: immobilsor activite

I assume the problems you had regarding starting it previously were battery related ie: low battery voltage on crank

Thus why you would have got a faint kick from the starter
But now i assume it won't crank with jump leads connected either

Regards Brian

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes Brian, you are correct, there was a faint kick at start but after 3/4 tries that went. Tried jump leads but nothing happened, left jump leads attached for 30 minutes with engine running on 2nd car but nothing happened at all when I tried after 30 mins. When I turned the ignition, there was nothing, not even a light flashing, its completely dead now !

Hi there ,good evening to you

Ok if the vehicle did try and crank before the battery went dead then the jump leads we're connected
Now only the hazards are flashing then the issue lies with the BCmii (body control module ) or more rarely a CAN bus fault
These vehicles Can lock up when jump starting is attempted causing the BCMii to disable cranking
Sometimes The BCMii requires reset using fords ids software

The BCMii is located in the passengers footwell under the glove box (complete fuse box assembly )
This is the Master module regarding powering up modules /holding vehicle settings and Data (CCC) /immobilsor etc

If the BCMii has locked up you will get nothing on the cluster when you turn the ignition

In this instance you need to have our ford ids connected to the vehicle to firstly clear the modules and reset them
This is the preliminary test with BCMii issues and retest the vehicle after this as if the fault is still present the ids software will pick up any codes leftover that can assist in correctly diagnosing the root cause

Once these BCMii lock up only ids can be used to correctly diagnose them

Things as simple as replacing the battery can cause voltage spikes on these vehicles that cause the BCMii to lock up

Hopefully in your case the reset of the BCMii resolves your issue
As the vehicle did crank before jump leads we're connected now it doesnt so this rules out immobilsor or can bus issues as original issue and more likely a faulty battery

More clarity will be shown once the reset has been done

as for manually resetting this module you can try disconnecting all the Multiplugs off it for a few minutes then reconnecting them but most times this won't work

I haven't had any issues with the modules actually being faulty or water ingress issues ie : I have never replaced one

If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know 
If you are completley satisfied with my answer /advice 
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER 
Kind regards XXXXX XXXXX and have a nice evening 

Brian

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Brian,
I had the car towed into the garage yesterday. The problem was that the battery was dead flat. They put a new battery in & that solved the problem. Sorry if I put you on the wrong track by mentioning the BCM. Thankfully it was not that.
Many thanks for your kind assistance '
Michael

Hi there Michael ,good evening to you

Iam glad to hear your issues has been resolved
As you can understand diagnosing issues like this especially with the modern day technology used in vehicles now is a bit more difficult online

If you ever need any future help or technical advice regarding your Galaxy
Please let me know And I will do my upmost to assist young

If you have been satisfied with my answer /advice 
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER 

Brian
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience: SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE