Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Jaguar XKR just started making a clickinh noise whist parked

Jaguar XKR just started making a clickinh noise whist parked and cold?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hi,my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your question.
Are there any warning lights coming on?
Also is the noise coming from the engine area?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No there are no warning lights, it has not been used for about 8 hours and the clicking noise is coming from under the bonnet drivers side. Sounds like a geiger counter ticking? Its coming where the brake fluid area.

From what you are describing this issue is consistent with one of the camshaft phasers causing this noise. This is a very common issue on these vehicles and happens without warning. To correct this issue the cam phasers are to be replaced.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The car has not been started for 8 hours and i just walked pasted it and the clicking noise was audiable the car has not been started and I didnt start it up. Just started it up to see if there was any warning lights on. Can the car just start to make this noise by not being started?

Ok so the vehicle was not running while the noise was happening. For this type of noise in the area that you are describing with the car not being running is consistent with the internal relay to the abs module. The abs system would need to be scanned as a first step.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I take it that my car would not be safe to drive,will take it to a main jaguar dealer thanks for your help

That's correct it would not be advised to drive in this state. Thank you.