Hello again -
Thank you for that - both reg's will come up for me..but thats great thank you -
Ok -now even with the reg, yours is right on a year change..
What Im thinking is, this may not
be the switch at fault... On some of these variants, there is a separate alarm horn ... so the horn you hear on the alarm - may be that . ( Others use a siren )
thing to do before you do anything , is to give your local Seat ( or even Vw Audi ) dealer parts dept a call... Have your VIN to give them - and ask if yours has a separate alarm horn or not.
If it does - then I suspect you have a failed actual horn - and that is very common on these.. In which case, thats a simple replacement - unbolt /. undo the wire clip - and change over.
If it is that its not that one - then back to the horn switch and I can tell you how to change that -
You have an airbag there of course which means you need special precautions - as follows :
- Ensure ignition switched OFF.
- Remove ignition key.
- Disconnect battery earth lead. Make sure accidental reconnection is not possible.
- No waiting time required before commencing work.
- Disarm system and remove driver's airbag.
- Spiral cable mounted on steering wheel.
- Centralise steering and disconnect spiral cable multi-plug(s) before removing steering wheel.
- Steering wheel MUST NOT be rotated while retaining nut/bolt loose.
- Spiral cable MUST NOT be rotated while steering wheel removed.
- Replacement spiral cable held in central position by cable tie. Remove during installation.
Here is a pic for you to go with the above - showing the screws at the back of the steering wheel you need to remove the air bag - to get at the horn switch arrangement..You can see quite clearly once the airbag is off how the switch is changed - But - do check the wiring connections before replacement.
Do let me know if you need anything else - but that is the way forward on this one now..
Kind Rgds - MIKE.
..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings"
for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that
You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..