Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

!999 S80. Functions operated from the steering column have

!999 S80. Functions operated from the steering column have failed viz indicator lights , headlight main beam, wiper intermittent and different speeds, display etc. What needs to be dine to correct this problem?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome...

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help you ..

This is usually a fault with the block connector to the said control stalks - you may have a faulty switch but it needs to be checked for bad connections ...even broken wires to the pins which can happen.

So the cowl needs to be removed from behind the wheel - then a visual / physical inspection made... If you dont see any broken wires at all, have the ign on and attempt to operate the systems while wiggling the connectors - if they then work, its a bad connection usually that you can address simply.

If not - then its a faulty switch unit that will need to be replaced to cure that.

Do let me know if you need anything else at all -

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.