Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

How do I adjust the tailgate of my fabia estate on a 06 pl

Customer Question

How do I adjust the tailgate of my fabia estate on a 06 plate
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help you -

Can I just ask first - does the tailgate appear to close as it should? Too - has there been any accident damage at all?

Rgds - MIKE...............................................

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No Rta,tailgate closes properly,but rattles when going over a bump
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again -

Thank you for your reply / info..

I asked because its unusual for the tailgate latches to be at fault - you can check of course.. but if the t'gate is closing as it should, then its usually tight enough. ( Should you wish to adjust it- you simply have to loosen the bolts on the hatch or the base ( some are weld fixed on the base, so you cant adjust that type - just the latch in the t'gate )... you loosen the bolts - tap the mechanism so that it moves to adjust - re tighten and retry.

If its not that issue though, its more likely that you have a loose item in the tailgate - you can loose mechanism for the lock / wiper mechanisms and so on... You would need to remove the inner panel of the t'gate and then physically / visually check to see whats come loose and rectify as you find - usually by a simple re tighten. Things do come loose if they haven't been fully tightened in manufacturer - and then over time with the shutting / slam of the t'gate, they come loose and rattle... So thats the way forward either way on this one for you to get this sorted -

Do let me know if you need anything else - but that is the way forward on this one now..

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

.>>>..Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.