Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

Mitsubshi pajero 2005 commercial Is there any way of switching

Mitsubshi pajero 2005 commercial
Is there any way of switching off the passenger airbag (after market switch etc etc ) ?
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Provided there is no switch already fitted - then there are a few opitons really are to have a proper airbag system deactivation switch installed so as to enable you to turn off and on the airbag itself or to have the airbag removed/eliminated/disconnected and fit a resistance plug connection into the plug connection of the cable harness to fool the airbag system to think the passenger airbag is still there/active and thus doesnt log fault codes and bring the airbag light on - there isnt really alot of options if you dont have deactivation switch already..but i would advise that this be done by experianced garage - airbags are essentially explosive devices and could cause injury if not worked on correctly..so it would be worth phoning around reputable places locally or an experianced auto electrician to do this for you..I do hope this helps

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Robert,

I got a Airbag deactivation plug from Mitsubshi parts supplier

Its for a L200 Mitsubshi... but I am told it can be wired in by my auto electrician

What do you think ??

Pain in the ass really, my brother has a Toyota and it has said on/off switch as standard !!