Mark
Mark, Technician
Experience:  Qualified City & Guilds
69494627

hi i get small oil spots on front of my caravan when towing

hi i get small oil spots on front of my caravan when towing but i am not uaing any oil its a citroen c4 2lt hdi 2008 done 49000 miles
Category: Car
Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Mark :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try help you with this.

Mark :

This is most likely to be emissions from the exhaust.

Mark :

It can appear oily as it will contain some unburnt diesel as well as soot, carbon etc.

Mark :

If the DPF is working ok and you are not using significant amounts of oil then don't worry about it. The only reason you are seeing it is because the caravan is there. It would be going into the atmosphere normally.

Customer: Hi yes I agree. But as stated how do I solve the problem as I want to buy a new caravan but with their hitting it ite not good it's bad enough with my old van if this is the problem Citroen would know about the problem . I spoke to Citroen mechanic main dealer who have never seen this problem can you think of a solution many thanks
Mark :

You wont be able to solve this.

Mark :

The best I could suggest would be some sort of deflector on the exhaust tailpipe.

Mark :

That's what others have been doing.

Mark :

Please remember to rate my assistance.

Mark :

Mark :

Mark.