Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

hi there, have 2007 action diesel auto 55,000 miles. as I

hi there, have 2007 action diesel auto 55,000 miles. as I slow down for a roundabout it sometimes cuts out. stop. remove key then start up again no problem. doesn't always cut out when slowing down. also red light for engine overheating intermitantly comes on and goes off after 20 seconds although engine temp seems fine. would appreciate your thoughts to alleviate these annoying problems with what otherwise is not a bad car.
thanks, climie
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help you ..

Do you know exactly what / where this "sensor" is that he fitted?

Do you have any fault codes from the diagnostic tests?

What is the cars mileage - and service history like? When was the last service done time / mileage wise?

Rgds, MIKE........................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

as stated previously 50,000 miles, 72,500 kms. service history is difficult as English people take their cars to English mechanics who aren't legal in terms of licences to operate on the island as examination for licence can only be done in Spanish. therefore no bills for work done.The Mercedes dealership wont give me computer readout as they say we will take the work else where.there is no single ssanyong dealership on the island.the merc dealer says its a faulty sensor and they changed it but I think there might be more than one sensor.The island is in size less than greater Manchester which means we are constantly short of professional help and vso we strugglr along with being past from pillar to post . sorry not to have more info.but that is life here in the sun.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

let me have contact phone number to speak to you as am crap on computer thanks climie

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

so bad with computers. have you received message with more info

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no computer read out available as the warning light only stays on for about 20 seconds while driving. also your free phone number wont connect from lanzarote. the car doesn't stop when red light is on . 2 problems I think . may be related but doubt it very much

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again Climie..

Thank you for your reply.

I understand what you are saying - I have been to Lanzarote - ;)

Ok - what I suggest is this... purchase, either locally or on line - some "diesel injector cleaner"...

Pour this into the fuel tank - and drive it .. It may take a tank full of fuel - a couple of hundred miles.. and its worth really using two cans / bottles of the cleaner.

Even at 55,000 miles, the "pintles" on the injectors get clogged and sticky - so at low revs, the engine can cut out...

I dont think from what you have said, that you have a big problem - only small.. and I think that doing that as above -cleaning the injectors etc will cure this for you.

Its certainly worth a try - or they may have to be taken out and cleaned ultrasonically - which may be a problem for you where you live..

So do that - with the cleaner - as above.. that is the best way forward now for you.

Im afraid the phone will not work because of where you are - so we need to work here - but thats fine )
Let me know if you need anything else..

>>......Meantime Climie ......Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me for my time etc - as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Technician
Experience: Tech Expert
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again Climie -

Im just following up with you - checking to see if I can help you any further as you haven't come back to me at all.

By all means get back to me if you need anything else..or, if we are done, at least for now, I just need you to click on the OK ratings for me at this point.. Thank you kindly.

Kind Rgds, MIKE.