Mark
Mark, Technician
Experience:  Qualified City & Guilds
69494627

Ford Transit minibus - some problem between accelerator and

Ford Transit minibus - some problem between accelerator and engine management: Will not respond consistently to pedal - some times very slow - and seems to be an effect on speedo dial.

Many people have tried. What can you suggest?

thanks

XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Car
Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Mark :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try help you with this.

Mark :

Can you tell me what engine you have?

Customer:

We think 2.3 - but the full reg is NG51VDF so maybe you have facilities to verify: Thanks, Mark

Mark :

2.4

Mark :

Have you checked it for fault codes?

Customer:

There were numerous (about 8) fault codes including the accelerator, fuel pump and speedo - carried out by the RAC

Mark :

I did one similar to this last week and it was caused by the throttle pedal sensor. Replacing the pedal cured it.

Mark :

Morning

Customer:

Thanks very much - we will try that. (My son-in-law, whose vehicle it is, thinks that some sensor was changed in an effort to cure the fault, but will have to check exactly what was done) The fault persists!

Mark :

Let me know how you get on.

Customer:

Will do. Many thanks: XXXXX XXXXX

Mark :

Did you fit the new accelerator pedal sensor?

Customer:

My Son-in-law assures me that the sensor was fitted a few weeks ago - he is not confident that the vehicle will take them on long journeys without breaking down and I am at a loss to encourage him further.

Customer:

The vehicle stands there, is driven around the industrial estate without any trace of fault, but without my financing further investigations, I fear the vehicle, useful as it is, is going to remain out of use for this family of nine, who otherwise have to travel everywhere in two cars.

Customer:

So, thanks for your help, it looks as though we have hit a dead end in my efforts to boot them into resolving the issue before the holiday season kicks in and they really need a large vehicle to carry them and all their stuff!

Customer:

Yours, frustratedly,

Customer:

XXXXX XXXXX

Mark :

Ok Chris

Mark :

Please remember to rate my assistance and good luck getting them to get it fixed.

Mark :

Mark.