Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

how do i replace my front seat tilting release cable on my

how do i replace my front seat tilting release cable on my 2001 land rover freelander
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi shantal no i have not found an answer yet the cables will be here tusday so if you have an answer by then great one with pictures would help thanks graham

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help you ..

Please give me the full reg and VIN of the vehicle in question -

Also - can I just ask - have you started the job at all - ?

Rgds, MIKE........................................

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hello Mike thank you for helping. the reg is EX51UH0 VIN of the windscreen plate is SA4LNAAE71A341296, the part is on order should be here Tuesday. i have unclipped the bottom of the seat cover and i can see the cable which seams to be cliped on to a lever bar working of the release handle. the cable is on one loop to both catches of the seat.that as far as iv got so far graham

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello there Graham -

Thank you for your reply.

Ok with this, its not an "easy" task , but can be done with some degree of fiddling..

The new cable is a bit awkward to fit through but once the old one is out - you just push it down through the seat - through the hole - it is a push fit onto the clip.

Remove the cover off the backrest while its still fitted. Pull cover up and out of the way so as to give you access - With that access you can really see how it fits - and dont forget to connect the "connect" cable from the one side to the other ( that releases the other side to move the seat )

Do let me know if you need anything else at all -

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Technician
Experience: Tech Expert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi mike i see what you mean . there is a seat adjustment wheel on the side off the backrest dose that just full of so you can lift the seat cover up to get access graham