Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

how do you reset engine management light on 94 vauxhall corsa

how do you reset engine management light on 94 vauxhall corsa 1.2 is there a plug for a falt reader

Mike :

Hello and Welcome..

Mike :

My name isXXXXX happy to help you..

Mike :

I see you say you disconnected the battery to try to reset it - if the light is still on / came back on, then the Ecu / command computer has detected and logged a fault - and hence your light is on. You cannot therefore just reset the light / ecu.. the "fault" whatever has been detected, has to be found first and fixed - then the light will go out.

Mike :

So yes, a fault code reader is at least required to do as above.

Mike :

Most small type garages can run the test for you - you dont have to use a dealer and that will be your cheapest way forward - unless you want to buy / use your machine of course..

Mike :

Hello there - I see you joined me..

Mike :

I typed your answer to your question out above - can I help you anymore with this at all while we are in Live Chat?

Customer:

i have machine but canot find where to plug in as fault has been repared

Mike :

right ok - they put them in different places - usually the Corsa is in the fuse box - give me your reg number and I'll double check for you on your exact car...

Mike :

In your question you wrote - "a 94 Corsa" - thenn in the vehilce details you say "03".. so I need to be sure what you have..

Customer:

SC52 NPJ

Mike :

Ok - give me a min..

Mike :

Ok - the diag socket on your particular car is behind the panel ( some have an ash tray or bucket) forward of the gear stick.. bottom of the dash there.

Mike :

Prise whatever you have out - and its there - you will see it clearly.

Mike :

Is that ok for you or do you need anything more ? I can send you a drawing of its location if you need -

Customer:

FOUND IT THANKS MIKE

Mike :

Thats great - very glad to have helped ! If you need anything else at all / ever - you know where I am..
I do need you to now click on the Ok / Excellent ratings system for me - this is important to me... Thank you in advance for doing that now at this point.

.Thank you for doing the rating for me..

If there is ever anything else - you are welcome back.. Im happy to help anytime - you can even request me by name if you like..

All the best - MIKE.