Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

i have a mk1 fiat punto fine untill a couple weeks ago wont

i have a mk1 fiat punto fine untill a couple weeks ago wont go up steep hills 2nd gear 30 mph any ideas please
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help / advise you..

You need to determine if this is a clutch wear problem.

To do that - when you drive up the hills as you describe, if you can hear the engine revving - the engine speed going higher and higher - but the actual vehicle is not keeping pace with the speed of the engine - going up the hill - ie, its going slower and slower... then you have a clutch wear / worn out issue.

So try that if you haven't already and let me know how you get on or if you need anything more at all -

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.