Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

i managed to put jump leads from a battery to my boxer

i managed to put jump leads from a slave battery to my boxer camper the wrong way round smelt smouldering the jump leads were very hot so i dissconnected quick put a fully charged battery on the van but its as dead as a dodo can you help
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi .

This could be bad news ,first check the main fuses under the bonnet the 100 or 80 amp fuse replace these as they will be blown ,check the main relay , these fuses are normally bolted in with a 10m head bolt, check all fuses in the box .
Ones removed and replaced with new, switch on the ignition the ignition warning lights should come on batt, oil ,light etc.and try and start ,

If you are lucky and the engine starts then all is good ,but replace the burn battery cable.

No start and no ignition lights then you have burned out the ECM .

Do this then please get back to me for further assistance .

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,
For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg