Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have a citroen Picasso 1995cc dated 2001, and my electric

Customer Question

I have a citroen Picasso 1995cc dated 2001, and my electric sun roof will not open.
The motor just lifts the roof and stops, can you help. Brian.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.

Hello Brian and Welcome..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help / advise you ... Ive had to switch us out of the chat system to the QA system as there is a fault with the Chat....

Re the problem with your Picasso as you describe...

As the motor does operate to some degree, its not a fault within the motor or the switch / supply circuit etc - it is a fault with the mechanism. Its a common fault to be honest - usually appearing after lack of use over winter months and so on.

I see you have sprayed it up with Wd40 - and thats not worked - but this is a good idea to continue with - directing the spray down into the actual mechanism..copious amounts but not enough to drop all over the car inside... and as you do - keep operating the switch - on / off - on / off etc... and as you do .. keep doping it... and you should ( usually ) see the roof moving that bit more and more...until after a time, it will fully open - at which point - lubricate it more - and operate it more and more / repeatedly until you get full operation.

Now - again - that as above should and often will work... but - if not - then Im afraid you have to gain full access to free up the mechanism - often this entails dropping the whole lining - head lining to get at it ---so you can see its worth persisting with the above...especially as it is all down to lack of lubrication / sticking on the mechanism.

When you do get full operation howsoever you achieve it as above, then with it open, its a good idea then to buy / use a spray grease... from any good car shop - and do then again as above - but with the spray grease... that will last longer and prevent a re occurrence often of the seizing mechanism....

So thats the way to work on this one..

Do let me know if you need anything else at all - I will be back on later if you need anything more at all -

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.