Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

Polo Bluemotion 1.2, problems Engin management

Customer Question

Polo Bluemotion 1.2, have recurring problems with Engin management light and catalytic converter light going on. It seems the heat sensor is replaced everytime (8) times in short space. (Every 1-3 months) Dealer seems to think parts lasting that time is a job fixed. What on earth could the problem be? Made a racket, looks like want to test diesel quality. Is this normal? Engin Management and Catalytic converter not always on together. Catalytic has not been on in a while. Solid light. No excelleration problems until last time.(Not much)

Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help / advise you -

WHat mileage does your Polo have? and what sort of mileage / driving do you do?

Can you please give me the cars full reg number also..

Is its a genuine VW dealer doing the work each time for you ? and what exactly is their conclusion ?

Have any other parts been replaced at all?

Rgds - MIKE...............................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mike,

Car has aprox 50 000 km on clock. Drive 100km's a day, long distance. (sorry not in uk,so don't work on miles) Registration think would not help therefore.

Volkswagen dealers are legit, albeit maybe not too bright. Machines on everytime and fault finding done, just to replace the fuse and claim all is fixed.Machine says ok, so all is ok they say. Couple months later and I am back

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again -

Thank you for your reply- Im sorry I wasn't on last eve -

For this to be happening it cannot just be repeated failure of the cat converter and sensors...something must be causing the repeated failures..

As you say or allude to - this is not right at all... but before we progress - can you let me have the full VIN then - I can check on that ...

Kind Rgds, MKE......................................