Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Need to be able to switch off the alarm sensors on my 62 reg

Need to be able to switch off the alarm sensors on my 62 reg MINI Cooper for a car ferry. The book says: click the remote lock button twice, use the ket to lock twice, the LEDs flash for about 2 secs. I follow this procedure but the LED on the steering wheel continues to pulse. Jeff
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.

Mike :

Hello and Welcome...

Mike :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help / advise..

Mike :

That is the correct procedure Jeff... and it is correct for the Led to flash - as that is indication the immobilser is on line / working -the anti theft for the engine - but the actual alarm / sounder is disabled ( for the movement of the ferry)

Mike :

So that is correct.

Mike :

Is there anything else I can help you with -? If so, by all means just ask while we are here in Live Chat..

Customer:

So how do I know that the alarms are off if the LED is still pulsing?

Mike :

Well - that is so.. thats the way the system operates... What you could do I suppose to confirm in your mind is once you have done that - give the car a good shake... Its only a tilt sensor in the system that sets the alarm off - shaking the car around will set it off if its active.

Mike :

( Thats why some go off when a lorry passes the car or strong winds )

Mike :

The LED as I explained above is showing the immob system is active not the alarm sounder when you do that .

Customer:

Hmm. Well, I'll give it a try. But I'm not convinced.

Mike :

;) you are welcome to give it a try - but what can I say - that is the way the system is designed ;)

Customer:

Yeh, understand that. Thanks for your help.

Mike :

If the LED didnt operate still - there would be no indication of the immob system working see. ;)

Mike :

No problem at all - Im glad to have helped Jeff.. I do just need you to now please click on the OK ratings for me - as thats how Im credited for my time etc in helping today...

Mike :

Please do that before you go out of here.. and - you are welcome back anytime at all Jeff ;)

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for doing the rating Jeff..

I wish you well - and a safe ferry trip.

If you ever need anything else - you are welcome back anytime..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

( This is not an info request - just a Thank You ! )