Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

How difficult is it to fit roof rails to a Freelander 2 (with

How difficult is it to fit roof rails to a Freelander 2 (with panoramic roof) and could a reasonably competent DIY enthusiast fit them. How long might it take as well? Thanks Chris
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.

Mike :

Hello and Welcome..

Mike :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help you with your question...

Mike :

Its actually not a bad job at all to fit roof rails to the FL 2.. So long as you have some average tools - socket set ideally...

Mike :

Yours I see is an 07 model - there is a video I can send you from a company that supplies these - it shows how to fit them and you can refer back to it as you work... Of course, the kits come with instructions - but the video is really helpful..

Mike :

Hello..

Mike :

I see you came into the Live chat and went out again...

Mike :

I would much rather speak with you in the Livechat than leave you the info - I had just about finished up and was about to send you the video link... Please get back to me to let me know you are still here first.

Mike :

Would you like me to send the video link to you - ? Are you having problems with the chat system - I see you have come and gone again without responding to me .??

Customer: Hi Mike how much is the video (or is it on CD)?
Mike :

Hi there - Good to hear from you...

Mike :

Its no extra cost at all- I can send you the link in here - you just click on it and watch it on your Pc.. you can save the link and watch it as often as you need / as you do the job -

Mike :

In answer to your other question - yes, any competent Diy person can do this job. ;)

Customer: yes I'm having problems with my phone as I'm out at the moment. Can you send me the video link please. My email [email protected] Thanks.
Mike :

Chris - I can send you the link in here - I cant send it to an email address - as you can see- the system has "botted" your address - thats a security system to protect you -

Mike :

just a mo - I'll upload the link now -

Mike :

Ok Chris - this is the link for you - click HERE

Mike :

Ok - that is the link for you Chris - ..Do let me know if you need anything else at all -

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me for my time etc - as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.