Mark
Mark, Technician
Experience:  Qualified City & Guilds
69494627

Skoda fabia sluggish to drive, warning light on for exhaust

Customer Question

Skoda fabia sluggish to drive, warning light on for exhaust gases what does this mean and is it a big job to repair? Car is an 05 plate
Category: Car
Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Mark :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try help you with this.

Mark :

There are two questions here and I will answer them both.

Mark :

The first question is 'what does this mean?'

Mark :

It means the onboard computer system has detected a fault and alerted you to this fact.

Mark :

What you need to have done now is have a suitable scan tool connect to the vehicle to read what fault code has been stored.

Mark :

The second part of your question 'is it a big job to repair?' depends on what the fault code is and what tests, parts labour will be required to fix it.

Mark :

It could be a simple reset is required, a wiring fault that needs to be traced and repaired or a major component fault that needs to be replaced.

Mark :

So, as you see there is no simple magic fix for your question.

Mark :

You need to have the scan done and then spend time finding the cause of that fault code.

Customer:

Thank u so much for our advice, I have only had the car for three months but its warranty has just expired.

Customer:

I read the car manual and it says that thebcsr has gone into emergency drive, I presume it'd safe to drive it to our nearest garage which is 3

Customer:

Our nearest garage is 3 miles along the road is it safe enough to drive the car that distance in emergency drive?

Mark :

It is safe to drive that distance.

Mark :

Even though the warranty has expired, you may still have rights under the sale of goods act so it might be worth mentioning that to the dealer that sold you the car.

Customer:

This for that will find garage on Monday and see when they can take it will let u know how I get on but the u again for our help

Mark :

No problem.

Mark :

Please remember to rate my assistance.

Mark :

Mark :

Mark.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi mark u gave me advice about my Skoda fabia, I have had a diagnostic done on it and it found a fault in one of the cylinders and needed a new coil and spark plugs. Thank u so much for your fast response and advice. I have returned my feedback and would happily recommend u to friends and family.

Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for that.

Mark.