Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

my polo 1.4 fsi has power loss starts all the time doesnt

Customer Question

my polo 1.4 fsi has power loss starts all the time doesn't cut off runs on safemode very slow up hills until is warmed up took it to few garages they not sure what it could b spend lots off money I red aboute the most commen problems could it b the ignation coil and is it expensive/
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi shantal ive still not hadn answer to my question

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

still not recived an answer to my question

Thank you for getting back to me and apologies for not receiving an answer. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

I'd 1st suggest replacing the fuel filter if you haven't already

and if this is OK then I'd suggest this could be a wiring issue as things tend to expand when hot and its possible a poor or partial electrical connection is being pushed apart on one of the major sensors so check the connection plug and wiring to the following;
Airflow meter
Crank position sensor
Cam position sensor
O2 sensor
Throttle position sensor

Also worth checking the connections to the fuel pump for the same reason - unplug each in turn and give them a good squirt of switch / contact cleaner - Not WD40

and also unplug and inspect the main power relays and fuses for signs of overheating or corroded terminals - so the ones for the ECU and the fuel pump

And also unplug the wiring loom connections in the engine bay one at time and inspect for corroded or recessed pins.

Also replace the spark plugs if any of them fail this checklist:

http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/tech_support/spark_plugs/faqs/faqread.asp