Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I have a 2008 yaris with approx 30,000 miles on the clock.

I have a 2008 yaris with approx 30,000 miles on the clock. I'm having difficulty engaging the gears and find that the clutch needs to be pushed down to the floor to disengage satisfactorily and starts to engage about 1/2" up from the floor. Can this be adjusted? I have asked at local dealers and they have not suggested this.
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Being a hydraulic clutch operating system - there wont be an adjustment as such for the clutch assembly - they tend to adjust as the clutch plate wears so the higher the pedal the more worn the clutch is usually in most cases..sometimes that can be caused by either weak clutch slave/master cylinder.It might be worth having them re-bleed the system and see if that makes any form of improvement..but as above being hydraulic then there wont be any adjustment unlike the old cable type operated clutches..I do hope this helps