Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Polo 2010 I have jus tried to reset service spanner and now

Polo 2010 I have jus tried to reset service spanner and now my car is bleeping ever 30 seconds can you help please!!
Hello and Welcome..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help / advise you .

generally when this happens - this means the sequence has not been completed properly or fully.

I suggest to re do it again from the beginning - then see if thats cured it.

I dont have enough vehicle detail to give the instructions - so try as above... if that does it, thats great - if not, let me have the full reg number and we can carry on further.

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

..>>> >> > ...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I tried again but no joy my reg is DE 10 kYX

Hello again Linda -

Thank you for your reply...
Ok there are two things here -

If the cars computer is set up for "Long Life service intervals" -- then the service reminder function can only be reset ( or changed ) using plug in diagnostic equipment... so you would need a garage to do that for you --

Obviously we don't know as yet how its set up - but from how you described the procedure, thats not quite right anyway...so I will give you the exact / correct procedure... try this exactly as follows. If its on Fixed Service Intervals - that will re set it---

Fixed service intervals

• Switch ignition OFF.
  • Press and hold button (RIGHT BUTTON )
  • Switch ignition ON.
  • Release button .
  • Within 20 seconds briefly press LEFT HAND button under clocks
  • Wait for display to return to main menu.
  • The service interval indicator is now reset.
  • Switch ignition OFF.

So try that Linda - let me know how you go on.

Best Rgds - MIKE..

.... Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi MIke the service spanner has gone off, however we still have a bleeping noise coming from the car even when the car is switched off. Any suggestions?
Thanks Linda
Hi there Linda -

Thank you for your message. In that case, the spanner having gone off now - you have successfully reset the service reminder - so thats that done..

As for this beep -- I need you to check the engine oil level Linda...- it sounds like the low oil or oil needing / due for change.. Im assuming you have wanted to reset the service reminder as we did above, but the engine oil hasn't been changed.. if thats so - thats what needs checking / doing now -and that should cure this for you.. Its like a dual warning system see..

So do that - at least check the level -and top up if needed - then see how it is.. It would need to be driven - switched off - and re started etc after the oil up usually to reset it- stop the beep..
Let me know how you get on with that ....

Best Rgds, MIKE.