Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Polo 2010 I have jus tried to reset service spanner and now

Polo 2010 I have jus tried to reset service spanner and now my car is bleeping ever 30 seconds can you help please!!
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help / advise you .

generally when this happens - this means the sequence has not been completed properly or fully.

I suggest to re do it again from the beginning - then see if thats cured it.

I dont have enough vehicle detail to give the instructions - so try as above... if that does it, thats great - if not, let me have the full reg number and we can carry on further.

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

..>>> >> > ...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I tried again but no joy my reg is DE 10 kYX
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.

Hello again Linda -

Thank you for your reply...
Ok there are two things here -

If the cars computer is set up for "Long Life service intervals" -- then the service reminder function can only be reset ( or changed ) using plug in diagnostic equipment... so you would need a garage to do that for you --

Obviously we don't know as yet how its set up - but from how you described the procedure, thats not quite right anyway...so I will give you the exact / correct procedure... try this exactly as follows. If its on Fixed Service Intervals - that will re set it---

Fixed service intervals

• Switch ignition OFF.
  • Press and hold button (RIGHT BUTTON )
  • Switch ignition ON.
  • Release button .
  • Within 20 seconds briefly press LEFT HAND button under clocks
  • Wait for display to return to main menu.
  • The service interval indicator is now reset.
  • Switch ignition OFF.

So try that Linda - let me know how you go on.

Best Rgds - MIKE..

.... Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi MIke the service spanner has gone off, however we still have a bleeping noise coming from the car even when the car is switched off. Any suggestions?
Thanks Linda
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hi there Linda -

Thank you for your message. In that case, the spanner having gone off now - you have successfully reset the service reminder - so thats that done..

As for this beep -- I need you to check the engine oil level Linda...- it sounds like the low oil or oil needing / due for change.. Im assuming you have wanted to reset the service reminder as we did above, but the engine oil hasn't been changed.. if thats so - thats what needs checking / doing now -and that should cure this for you.. Its like a dual warning system see..

So do that - at least check the level -and top up if needed - then see how it is.. It would need to be driven - switched off - and re started etc after the oil up usually to reset it- stop the beep..
Let me know how you get on with that ....

Best Rgds, MIKE.