Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Hi I have a landrover freelander 2, the passenger door handle

Hi I have a landrover freelander 2, the passenger door handle won't open door from inside the little latch that locks above door handle has went slack, door opens and locks ok with immobiliser how do I sort this?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help you .

Invariably this is caused by a broken cable - or its come unattached ... but you will need to remove the door panel to gain access to the inner parts / of the working mechanisms - to actually ID exactly whats gone wrong and then of course you can fix as you find.

Sometimes the little latch is known to physically break - behind on its catch / loop - but again - you just don't know until you are "in" the door - so you need to remove the panel as above and then progress from there as you find. None of the problems that occur are difficult to fix to be honest and the parts are readily available from the local LR dealers parts dept either in stock or overnight.

Do let me know if you need anything else at all -

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.