Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

My car is unlocking itself once it is has been locked and the

My car is unlocking itself once it is has been locked and the driver window is coming down.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help / advise you .

This problem you are describing is a known / common fault with this model Im afraid.. It has to do with either water ingress to the control module ( for those systems in question )or, a plain faulty module.

Any MINI dealer will know about this issue and can sort it for you quite readily... as should most general / small type garage... Again - it depends on exactly what is found on inspection - but it is / will be one or the other as above.

So the way forward now is to have it investigated / checked for water ingress - then go from there. If it is water - often the unit can be dried out and the ingress fixed and all is ok again... If not - if its a faulty module - or the module is ruined, it has to be replaced.

Do let me know if you need anything else at all -

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.