Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

own a fiat marea 155 20v ELX 4 door saloon 1999. have tried

own a fiat marea 155 20v ELX 4 door saloon 1999. have tried everywhere to find a new interior front passenger side door handle, even tried fiat italy and uk with no success. will a handle from a fiat brava or bravo fit and if so what model.
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Johnny,

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

MY name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help / advise you on this..

Can I just ask if you tried the Fiat dealers at all?

Too - please give me its full reg number and vin..

Kind Rgds, MIKE......................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

have contacted local fiat dealer who has contacted other dealears, also fiat in italy and fiat uk who told me that autodem motori in bazzano italy would have the part, but they dont. my registration number is XXXXX and vin number is XXXXX have also tried 2 companies that contact over 500 scrap dealers on my behalf but none have my part

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.

Hello again -

Thank you for your reply and further info..
Ok - please take a look at the image below... is this the same as what you have ( handle removed ) ?

When I receive your reply I will get back to you asap thereafter -

Kind Rgds, MIKE.....................................

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes it is not the handle itself that i need its that piece at the back next to the screw that is being undone.the piece with the two screw holes and the barrel type peice attached that has broken.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.

Hi again

Sorry I missed you yesterday -

Right - so in your initial question you said "interior handle"... Now you are saying its not the handle.... So - you mean the part thats showing in the picture above - with the two screw holes??

I just need to be sure then what you are referring too -

Did you fully explain this when you asked Fiat etc?

Rgds, MIKE...................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes, ask for handle and connector.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hi again..

Thats ok then - I was trying by words and the pic to determine what will fit - per your original question..

Basically - you should be able to order the parts you need through any Fiat dealer- part dept.. but its not unheard of to get this situation where they are just not available.. and then of course as you have found, with models such as these, 2nd hand ones are not that common.. but again - with checking with you as I have above - and per your original question, the Bravo ones are the same - ( that pic is a Bravo one )

So there are more of those around, getting one off one of those shouldn't be a real issue for you -- better than the Marea.

Do let me know if you need anything else at all -

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.

Mike, Technician
Experience: Tech Expert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks mike. 1 last question, when I start my search again do I ask for a door handle "connector/mechanism" I dont know the correct name for the part. would be grateful if you coul advise. once again thanks for your help.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hi there -Thank you for your reply..

To be honest with you - I dont know for sure / 100% what they call them - people call them all different things - Fiat dealers tend to list them as "fixing".. which is not a lot of help...

What I would suggest is to inc the picture if you can...that I gave you -- but describe it as the part that the handle secures too - as opposed to just the handle.. Any breaker or parts supplier worth their salt will know what you are describing ;)

Im very glad to have helped you - and you are welcome back anytime -

All the very best - MIKE.

-- Please take a moment to fill in the Feedback via the FB tab if you haven't done so already -- Thank You for that ...