Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have a rangerovertd6 2003 and the cd player is broke but

I have a rangerovertd6 2003 and the cd player is broke but the cd player keeps bussing continuasley even when the engine is off is there anything that can be done thanks
Hello and Welcome..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help / advise you on this.

This is Im afraid, a fairly common issue / fault with this model that LR use...

Basically its an internal fault in the unit - and the buzzing you can hear is the mechanism jammed - but the motor inside that works the mechanism is still trying ( as its on memory from the input until completed -and it has a live permanent supply )

So for now - you can pull the fuse to the system to kill the supply and that will stop it( though after a time it should stop on its own ).. If you need the fuse info , thats in your Owners manual or if you give me the reg number of the vehicle I can look it up for you..

BUt after that - you may well find it works again - put the fuse back after about 30 mins and retry... They do "glitch" like this - but if not or if it does again, it it will need to be removed for repair. ( or replacement )

Im sorry its not exactly good news but thats the way with this one..

Let me know if you need anything else -

.>> >> > ..Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.