Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have a rangerovertd6 2003 and the cd player is broke but

I have a rangerovertd6 2003 and the cd player is broke but the cd player keeps bussing continuasley even when the engine is off is there anything that can be done thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help / advise you on this.

This is Im afraid, a fairly common issue / fault with this model that LR use...

Basically its an internal fault in the unit - and the buzzing you can hear is the mechanism jammed - but the motor inside that works the mechanism is still trying ( as its on memory from the input until completed -and it has a live permanent supply )

So for now - you can pull the fuse to the system to kill the supply and that will stop it( though after a time it should stop on its own ).. If you need the fuse info , thats in your Owners manual or if you give me the reg number of the vehicle I can look it up for you..

BUt after that - you may well find it works again - put the fuse back after about 30 mins and retry... They do "glitch" like this - but if not or if it does again, it it will need to be removed for repair. ( or replacement )

Im sorry its not exactly good news but thats the way with this one..

Let me know if you need anything else -

.>> >> > ..Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.