Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

Hi i have a gv 650 aquilla hyosung the instramant panel keeps

Hi i have a gv 650 aquilla hyosung the instramant panel keeps flashing f1 all the lights etc are all working but the starter motor will not turn over at the same time starter solenoid keeps clicking,any ideas ?
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 3 years ago.

Ross :

Hi my name isXXXXX a technician and I’ll help with your question.

Customer:

Hi any ideas on this F1 problem?

Ross :

It sounds like this is either unrelated to the non starting problem, or the battery is causing the problem.

Ross :

The FI warning indicator is showing a Fuel Injection system fault, this would not normally effect the starter motor however if the battery is failing and not supplying enough power, the control module will think there is a fault.

It is not unusual for this light to flash, this is not necessarily indicating a fault in your case. as long as the light goes out once the engine is running, it

Ross :

is "normal operation"

Ross :

I would start by checking the battery, although they can appear OK, often it can die once you try to crank the engine which causes the clicking solenoid, if the battery is OK, check the contacts are clean and dry on the the starter motor and battery, terminal. If this all looks ok, the starter motor is at fault.

Customer:

Thank you!! i shall try that,i think it more than likly the starter motor because the battery is les than a year old?

Ross :

I suspect the starter motor will be the problem, you can try giving it a firm tap with a hammer, often they stick and this will temporarily start it, and confirms the problem.

Customer:

That sounds a bit right iv,e had problems in that area for a few weeks,thank you again