Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

why does the suspension rattle on my x type awd

Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

There could be many reasons for the suspension to cause issues like that..the most common is usually arb links worn "antiroll bar links" and its the antiroll bar you hear vibrate as you go over rough road conditions,the antiroll bar mounts would also have to be checked too.or a possibility a spring issue.Usually anything like suspension bushes/mounts/balljoints would cause a knocking,clunking effect..if thats what you dont hear then you can pretty much disregard them.also check the likes of the backing plate behind the discs on all brakes to ensure they havent come loose.also check for anything loose as per in regards XXXXX XXXXX heat shields these sit over the top of the exhaust system and bolted to the under floor..But as above those are usually some of the more common causes for rattles..I do hope this helps