Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Mercedes c32. Cranks. But. Wont. Start. Had. It tested. It.

Customer Question

Mercedes c32. Cranks. But. Won't. Start. Had. It tested. It. Showed. Fuel. Shut off. Valve. Closed. ,, where. Is. It.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome...

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help you with this.

Please give me the Full reg number of your MB so that I can ID the exact car / systems you have - then we can progress..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.......................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

BXZ 7025

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.

Hello again Philip -

Thank for that - I have your vehicle as 2001 MERCEDES C-CLASS C320 AVANTGARDE (AUTOMATIC / PETROL)

This model does not have a common fuel shut off valve such as others have.

These do have a common / known fault that will cause the fuel system to fail - no fuel up - and that is down to a bad connector / corrosion to the crank sensor. Mercedes in fact issued a TSB ( fix bulletin ) on this fault it was such a common fault. So if you basically have a cut out / non start situation - thats the area to be checking. No signal from the crank sensor will mean no supply to the fuel pump / no fuel etc / no start.

Common codes ( fault codes ) that are retrieved when this is the situation are : P2034, P2050, P2051, P2052, P2053, P2054, P2055, P2056, P2057, P2058. - but in any event - codes or not - that should be carefully checked as above as your most likely fault. Mercedes supply a replacement kit for the corroded connector to the crank sensor.

IF not - then live data diagnostic checks need doing to trace your fault down....but do check as above first.

Let me know if you need anything else - If its not as above - I will need the exact fault code you are getting and the vehilces' VIN.

.>> >> > ..Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.