Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

What can be done if car shows high edf pressure citroen xzara

Customer Question

What can be done if car shows high edf pressure citroen xzara 2-0 hdi 51 plate
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is MIKE, Im happy to help / advise you -

What tests / codes do you have so far?

Plus - what mileage do you have - and what is its general service history like?

Too - is there anything else you have changed?

Rgds, MIKE........................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Milage is 119101 I am ex mechanic so serviced myself it has been on three computors all say air flow and brake switch both of which have been changed faults have been deleted but come back the same all air pipes checked and appear ok. Not sure if its distance or the speeds you drive that brings on fault but it seems worse in engine has been under load such as starting off in first when you need to get away power just goes but if you change into second you can build up a little bit of speed hope this info helps

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello there Gwyn,

Thank you for your reply / info -

There are common / known faults that will cause this with this system - but can I just ask - since doing what you have at the car - as you have mentioned - have you deleted the codes with the reader - and re driven / re read it - as you have the light on again?

If so - what is the current - actual fault code you have?

Also - as I asked above - have you changed anything else at all - ie, fuel filter etc ?

Rgds, MIKE......................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Fuel and air filters changed all codes deleted but come back saying air flow and brake switch as before

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Gwyn -

When you changed the fuel filter - did you check to see if there were any gold colour filings in the filter housing?

Too again Gwyn - I asked exactly what fault code you are getting - can you let me have that as it will help me to help you ---

There are several things that can cause your situation - but I need the full / correct info so as to point you in the correct direction -