Mark
Mark, Technician
Experience:  Qualified City & Guilds
69494627

Hi, getting "Anti Pollution Fault" warning on 2004 Peugeot

Customer Question

Hi, getting "Anti Pollution Fault" warning on 2004 Peugeot 807 2.2HDI. Fault code is P0245 - 'Turbo Pressure Too High'. It happens when travelling at constant revs at around 2000rpm. If I travel at higher revs i.e. 2200 rpm it's ok! After I clear the fault code and run it at high revs (3000rpm) it clears. But if I'm on the motorway on cruise control doing 2000 rpm or less the fault reappears! It's almost like something gets stuck when being driven at a constant low rpm?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Mark :

Hello, my name is Mark and I will try help you with this.

Mark :

This fault codes relates to either a faulty wiring harness to the wastegate regulating valve, a faulty valve or a faulty ecu.

Mark :

If it is a wiring fault then it is a short circuit in the wiring so check for any signs of chaffing through to a metal ground or an earth wire in the harness.

JACUSTOMER-2a3box6a- :

Doing a bit of internet research it appears this is a common fault with this engines and is most likely the SWIRL VALVE ACTUATOR

Mark :

Swirl valves do coke up but they usually also show fault codes related to the egr system.

Mark :

Still worth checking though.

Mark :

You can connect a mityvac pump to see if it moves properly.