Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I own a w123 230 coupe 1985. The four electric windows suddenly

I own a w123 230 coupe 1985. The four electric windows suddenly do not work.....not a budge, no struggling sound.....nada!
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help / advise you with this issue.

When a system on a car completely fails - just stops such as you have - the usual fault is with a fuse having gone - so the first thing to do is check the fuse for the electric window circuit - remove the fuse - hold it up to the light and you will see if its blown. If so - replace it and re try.

Fuses can blow just to age - so if your replacement doesn't blow- that will be that.

If it does -then you have a short developed somewhere - and the usual place for this is with the wires that run from the body - to through to the doors - that would all have to be checked. If its not that - then you would have to remove the door panels to check the wiring in the there / switch functions and circuit test.

If its not a fuse - then its the wiring usually / switch as above...just not yet having blown the fuse.

So - working through as above you will get this cured ;)

Let me know if you need anything else -

.>> >> > ..Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Tried the fuse, it is perfect, could it be the relay?
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
.Hello again Brian -

Thank you for your reply.. It could yes - but thats rare to be honest - but yes, certainly check. . but if not - you need to continue as I outlined above.

Kind Rgds, MIKE.