Mark
Mark, Technician
Experience:  Qualified City & Guilds
69494627

dear XXXXX i approached Hatfield,the local agent and they completely

dear XXXXX
i approached Hatfield,the local agent and they completely deny any liability for the accident,saying that this malfunction could have happened at any time and nothing they could have done during their investigations could have caused the EML to come on and as such have cl#aimed non responsibility for the accident. please advise
Category: Car
Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Mark :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try help you with this.

Mark :

I have reviewed your earlier question and would like to make a few points that you probably wont like.

Mark :

I don't think the garage could be blamed for the engine management failure without first knowing what code was stored.

Mark :

Checking for an oil leak would not normally require any components to be disconnected.

Mark :

From your description of the accident the driver that hit you from behind should be to blame unless he is saying that you cut out in front of him giving him no time to react.

Mark :

If you are being blamed then your best bet would be to take it up with the manufacturer and not the dealership.

Customer:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH MIKE FOR YOUR EXTRA COMMENTS I WILL YR

Customer:

I WILL CONTACT HYUNDAI FOR THEIR COMMENTS AND STANDBY THEIR APPRAISAL