Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

My oil light stays on and a bell continues to sound whats the

My oil light stays on and a bell continues to sound whats the problem
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

The fact you have checked the oil would be one of the first places to check in regards XXXXX XXXXX oil - although ensure you do check this on a cold engine too on level ground if possible..further to that you may have an oil pressure issue or a bad oil sender switch..to ensure the oil pressure is good you need to have the engines oil pressure tested using a pressure guage in place of the switch itself - if the pressure good and the needle doesnt bounce around then it possible you have a bad oil sender switch creating the problem..also too have quick around under the engine itself an see if you spot any leaks especially when you had to put oil in etc..as sometimes a bad sender switch can leak first before it fails..but as above that really about the best next you can take from here..it might be worth as a starting point maybe getting the oil and filter changed..if the problem still occurrs then you know which steps you have take next..I do hope this helps