Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My xsara picasso radio suffers from am intereference. How does

Customer Question

My xsara picasso radio suffers from am intereference. How does one replace the rfi choke?
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

there's no seperate supressor on these as its got individual coils and they each have a built in supressor

I'd suggeet removing all the spark plugs and check that they are the correct type and that they all show no signs of 'tracking' / burn marks down the white ceramic

check that the coil contacts inside each coil are also bright and clean

Also replace the spark plugs if any of them fail this checklist:

http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/tech_support/spark_plugs/faqs/faqread.asp

and there should be some small earth connections using small bolts for the wiring lom that secure little ring eyelets onto the engine

check that these are tight and clean as they are the earths for the ignition coils